The background of this card is stamped with a flourish stamp and embossed in
gold. I had distressed the edge of the card with Walnut Stain and found that
some of the gold embossing powder stuck to it, quite like the look. The pink and
yellow background is a piece of paper made at a Sheena Douglass workshop and I
thought suited the image.
I coudn't find a matching colour of ribbon the
correct width for the slots so I used two. I could still see the slots I had cut
so I teased the ribbon upwards to disguise them. After I had put the hatpins
through the matching bow I put small beads on the points to make them
I decided to follow it as exactly as I could. Working with an A3 piece of card I cut it down to be 8x8.
I used the Fleur Francais CD and chose design 3 of the pyramid selection but only used the first layer so I had a big bold flower in the purple shade. I then chose suitable backing papers from the sets using 3 again so I knew the colours would match. I used a rich purple card to mat and layer.
For the bow tails I decided to make two in embossed silver mirri and the third in the purple card. To lift is a little I embossed it using the swiss dots embossing folder.
The sentiment is aslo from the CD and I mounted that on silver mirri card and cut a very thin border.
The three little flower heads complete the design.
The simple sketch is a good idea to keep to one side if you ever run dry of ideas it will act as a starting plan to get you playing.
Hope you like the card and can join us playing with this months challenge using Kraftyhands products.