Never Stop Learning

Saturday 7 June 2014

June Kraftyhands Blog Challenge

Floral Fancy



This months challenge is Floral Fancy.
I used the Floral Fantasia CD, not a hard choice to go straight to.
I love lilies but orange is not one of my favourite so I chose this image as a bit of a self challenge.
I printed the backing paper straight onto A4 card then folded it to form an easel card.
The topper is decorated with an ivy stamp repeated three times at the bottom and embossed with Wow powder. The blue ribbon on the right of the flower image is highlighted with some gold glitter.
Sometimes the stopper on an easel card irritates me as it does not lie correctly. I decided to try using pearl beads to hold the image a little further back from the topper. I like the look and am going to us it again. I did not add a sentiment as I like the phrase on the image and feel the message inside would be suitable. It could be Birthday, New Job, Graduation or Thinking of you card. 
Hope you like.
Crafty Wishes.
Laura XXX

4 comments:

  1. Stunning Laura. I must try glittering ribbon.
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card Laura. I love the colour of these lilies, they are so elegant x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sylvia and Andree. Orange is not my first choice of colour but loved it when finished. Also wanted to use more stamping and glittering to embellish toppers, not just print and go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Laura. This is lovely. Orange is my least favourite colour too, but oh WOW you have made this one look fabulous. Love the way you have done it easel style too. Hope your weekend is going well. Judy x

    ReplyDelete