Never Stop Learning

Friday 7 August 2015

Patchwork


Using the title Patchwork I wanted something light with a small pattern. I love this Cute Kittens and Puppies double CD and decided to use it. The images of all the cats and dogs are lovely but this one caught my eye.



  1. The card is 8 x 8 with a scallop edge.
  2. To get some texture I used an embossing folder with a linen finish.
  3. From the backing papers I chose three colours, blue, pink and the neutral grey to match the bow.
The hexagons were cut on my Scan and Cut machine and it was very easy to add a small border of silver. The image of the Dalmatians was also mounted on silver.


Click on above image to go to Kraftyhands Website.



8 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous Laura, the puppies are adorable. I love your layout and the effect of the embossing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous Laura, the puppies are adorable. I love your layout and the effect of the embossing xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. the embossing of the background is really effective, love the hexagon patches
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super creation .Love that bow and coordinating Hexagon additions
    hugs Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evening Laura what a cute card i love the image and your design is wonderful.
    Crafty Hugs Debs xxx
    {Debs Cards}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debs, welcome to my blog, it is a very simple one and I am trying to make it a bit more lively.

      Delete
  6. So cute Laura, love the patchwork. Hugs Jeanette xx

    ReplyDelete