June Kraftyhands Blog Challenge
Fathers Day is fast approaching and it is time to thank our Dads and the men in our lives for all they do for us.
I chose the Motor Mania CD to look for a suitable image and decided on the bright yellow motor bike.
- The card is 8 x 8 pale golden pearl card. The background image had to be trimmed slightly to fit the card and mounted on black card just to give a very narrow border.
- The motor bike was then decoupaged using silicone glue. The card was shaped slightly to give the idea of the curve of the wheel and the bodywork.
- Letters saying DAD were cut out of backing paper on the CD, the edges inked and a little gilding wax (silver)
- Cogs were cut out of craft card and then inked with a green ink and gilded with silver.
- To add texture I added a black ribbon (free of some pyjamas, it was wrapped around them)
- Two flourish were cut from black card. The hubs on the cogs are card candy coloured with the gilding wax.
Happy Fathers Day on the 21st of June to all those unsung heroes known as